Friday, July 16, 2010

Chocolate Ice-cream

Had some thickened cream sitting in the fridge and didn't want it to expire... so looked through my collection of recipes and found something that I've made once a while ago... Chocolate ice-cream, without all the fuss =D This recipe is awesome, because it tastes great, and is compatible with my laziness ^^ I think I got it from either the Nestle or Carnation website (the wonders of condensed milk!) The result is creamy, but leaning towards a bit too sweet for my liking. Has that sweet condensed milk after-taste. But what can I say, it's ice-cream, and I'm not a big ice-cream fan =P



What you need:

1/2 tbs Vanilla essence
225 ml double cream
198g condensed milk (~1/2can)
75 ml milk
2tsp cocoa powder (or Milo)

How to make it:

1. Add vanilla essence and cream into a mixing bowl and beat/whip until very thick.
2. Pour in condensed milk and fresh milk.
3. Mix cocoa/milo powder with 1 Tbs boiling water and add to bowl. Whip until even consistency and mixture thickens a bit.
4. Pour mixture into large bowl/tray so that it forms a shallow/thin layer (freezes quicker). Freeze for 2 hours, then remove and beat more if not thick. Return to freezer for another hour (alternately, leave tray in freezer overnight like I did =D)

*Optional: stir in choc chip, nuts or dried fruit after step 3.(I put Malteasers in once)

No comments:

Post a Comment